Know your Rights
As a customer of United Finance Company, you have the following rights:
Right to fair treatment
You have the right to be treated fairly and honestly at all stages of your relationship with United Finance, without discrimination based on race, colour, gender, age and suchlike. We may offer certain products and services designed for specific target market group, which do not amount to any unfair discrimination. Treating all customers fairly and honestly is an integral part of the governance and corporate culture of the Company. United Finance staff will attend to customers’ needs with courtesy, honesty, professionalism, and respect and pay special attention to the consumers who may be experiencing vulnerability such as elderly, physically disabled or customers with low financial literacy.
Right to transparency, fair and honest dealing
You have the right to be provided with clear, accurate, and timely information on the material aspects of the financial products and services offered by the Company in full disclosure of the terms and conditions, fees and charges, benefits, risks, and any other relevant information that may affect your decisions or actions. The Company will ensure that this information is easily accessible, understandable, and inclusive of the rights and responsibilities of each party. United Finance staff will act with integrity, professionalism, and respect in all their dealings with you, offering you customer service that is founded on the Company’s four strategic values of Focus, Action, Support and Trust.
Right to suitability
You have the right to be offered products and services that are appropriate to your needs, risk tolerance, financial standing and understanding of the product and service. This includes cross selling done through various channels, such as meetings, phone calls, emails, or text messages. The suitability of the products and services will be assessed by the Company staff on the basis of the information provided by you.
Right to privacy
You have the right to have your personal and financial information protected by the Company from any unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. This includes your right to data protection. United Finance Company, its officers and staff will keep your personal and financial information confidential unless:
- You have authorized such disclosure explicitly in writing.
- Disclosure is required under the laws and as instructed by the Central Bank of Oman, in which case the Company shall inform you promptly of such disclosure.
Right to grievance redress and compensation
You have the right to have any grievances resolved in a fair, timely, and effective manner, and to receive appropriate remedy or compensation where warranted from the Company. The Company has put in place clear and transparent policies and procedures for handling customer complaints and grievances. In accordance with such policies and procedures, you have the right to:
- Full and easy access to complaint handling within the Company through a range of channels including telephone, email, web, mobile, or suchlike.
- Receive prompt acknowledgement and response from the Company.
Provide complete and accurate information
- Always give full and accurate information when you are filling in any documents to be given to the Company. Do not give false details or leave out important information.
- You should update your personal information, including contact information, so that it is updated continuously and also when this is requested by the Company.
Carefully read and review all information and documents
- When you submit your application, you should receive full details on your obligations for the particular service or product. Ensure that you have access to the details of these obligations, that you understand them and can comply with them.
- It is important to ask questions to Company staff about anything that is unclear or a condition that you are unsure about.
- Review all of your documents before you sign them to ensure that they are complete and free of any error. Your signature is an approval and agreement of the document content.
- Make sure all of the required fields and numbers are completed in a form or document that is presented to you for signing or initialling. Do not sign empty or partially completed forms or documents.
Act responsibly and carefully
- When making a request for a product or service, you should be certain that it suits your needs. You should disclose all other financial obligations with all parties to ensure the decision is based on your ability to meet your additional obligations after contracting for the product or service.
- Do not purchase a product or service where you feel that the risks do not suit your financial situation. You should ask the Company staff to explain the risks inherent in the financial products or services you are interested in.
- Do not use the product or service, except in accordance with clearly stated terms and conditions that may be associated with them, and after making sure of your complete understanding.
- Do not request or accept financing facilities beyond your repayment capacity.
- Ensure the timely repayments of your financing facilities.
- If you are facing financial difficulties in the repayment of your financing facilities, do let the Company know as soon as possible. By talking to the Company, you can discuss possible alternative repayment arrangements that will enable you to fully discharge your responsibilities.
Be aware of your rights and responsibilities as a customer
- Be aware of your rights and responsibilities and seek information, advice, education, or assistance when needed.
- You should know how to make a complaint. You can be proactive in using this service and knowing how to escalate your issue to higher levels, if appropriate. The Company staff will provide you with details on how to complain and the time frame for the response.
- Keep copies of your documents. Keep all copies of signed contracts and other relevant documents and papers in a safe place that are provided to you by the Company.